Lili Forberg is one of Ireland’s foremost photographers, but her other passion is food (and she takes incredible pictures of that food – handy!). Here’s her rogue tried and tested recipe for sweet and sour chicken…
- Add cornflour to chicken pieces and mix around until covered.
- Heat oil on a non stick pan.
- Fry cornflour covered chicken on high. Don’t stir. Turn over after approx 5 mins or when browned. Let other side brown for approx 3/4 mins on high heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic, carrot and pepper. Stir gently.
- For the sweet & sour sauce mix ketchup, apple cider vinegar, sugar and soy sauce.
- Add to the chicken and veg while pan is hot.
- Let sizzle on high heat for a few mins until it becomes thicker.
- Serve with rice.
For more of Lili’s amazing, easy to follow family recipes, follow her @liliforberg.
Let us know if you’re trying the recipe at home by tagging #roguerecipes on Instagram!