Ellie Kisyombe is bringing her favourite soup flavour to the table this week. Get those soup makers out from the back of the press![restrict]
Sweet potato and cannellini bean soup
Sweet potato and cannellini bean soup is a must-try winter soup, it is high in protein and fibre and it has loads of healthy benefits. I love to make this soup now and then, mostly in winter, to give me comfort and warm my body. Kids love it too and it’s very filling.
1 tin of cannellini beans
1 medium sweet potato
1 tin coconut milk
1 red bell pepper
A handful spinach
Half inch of ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
1 tbsp tomato paste
A pinch of salt
1 fresh cayenne chillies
11/2 tbsp barbecue spices
2 tbsp olive oil
– Peel sweet potato and cut it into small cubes. Place them into clean bowl. Open your cannellini beans tin and pour them into a sieve to drain them.
– Get your clean pan, place it on your induction or gas hob on a medium heat
– Add your two tablespoons of the olive oil. Once the pan is hot add your garlic first, then add the ginger. Once it’s softened, add your tin of coconut milk, then all the spices
– Add the sweet potato and cook it for three minutes or until soft enough to put a fork through. Then the add cannellini beans and other vegetables. Cook for another five minutes and, once cooked, add in your spinach.
– Blend the whole lot and serve with a garnish.