I’m just going to come out and say it; avocado has had its day in the sun. It’s time to look towards a delicious alternative for your morning toast.
Hands up, I admit it feels fraudulent of me to parade the below as a recipe but I wanted to gift you a morning treat that requires minimum effort for maximum flavour. If you’re a pineapple naysayer this may make you rethink your decisions.
You will need:
- A nice country loaf / sourdough
- Tinned pineapple
- Splash of coconut milk
- Flaky sea salt
- Light brush a pineapple ring with honey and roast in the oven at 180 for 15 minutes or until charred to your liking.
- In a bowl, whip the ricotta and one tablespoon of coconut milk until smooth.
- Toast bread under grill.
- Spread smooth ricotta mixture on toast and top with the charred pineapple.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.